What is HIIT?
High intensity interval training (HIIT) is a popular fitness program that encompasses short bouts of high intensity exercise interspersed with active recovery.
HIIT has been shown to be acceptable and safe and ay assist in addressing barriers reported in women of reproductive age, including time limitations and competing commitments and PCOS-specific barriers such as low confidence and physical limitations.
HIIT is enjoyable and has been found to have a superior effect on insulin resistance, cardiovascular risk factors and all-cause mortality amongst other predominantly female and older clinical populations.
Why is HIIT good for PCOS?
There have been a few medical studies which indicate that High-Intensity Interval Training has a positive impact on PCOS. Here’s look at some of their findings:
Take back control rebalance your hormones
Why Exercise in group?
- Decrease stress level
- Increase mental quality of life
- Increase sociability
- Increase confidence
- Increase will power
Try to conceive?
Top 5 reasons to work out if you have PCOS
- Working out improves insulin resistance
- Regardless of weight, most women with PCOS have some insulin resistance which can interfere with ovulation and cause complications during pregnancy.
- Strength training lowers androgens and Anti-Mullerian hormone.
- High levels of these hormones are associated with infertility in PCOS.
- Women who workout (regardless of size) tend to have more body confidence and better sex drive
- Fertility treatments are more likely to succeed when you are at a healthy weight, ideally a BMI of 30 or below.
- Fit mothers tend to have easier deliveries, less pregnancy complications and healthier babies.
Credit to Avisena Hospital